- How to put together a simple, effective social media campaign to get adopters to your events and into your shelter
- How to use social media to get traditional media attention
- How to craft promotional messages with the best potential for viral spread
- How to write adoption promotions that appeal to adopters you may not be reaching
- How to avoid common social media mistakes
- How to make sure your posts aren't being hidden by Facebook (Yes, they can do that, and no, you won't know.)
- How to prioritize your social media campaign based on your organization's available resources
- How and why to use Pinterest, a network optimized for the type of sharing that works for pet adoption but is currently being under-utilized by shelters and rescue groups
- One thing you need to know about Google+
- Honestly not gratuitous mention of George Clooney
It's tonight, April 12, at 9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific time.
You can also follow along on Twitter at #socialpets.
The presentation will be archived on the Maddie's Fund website, along with all the supporting materials, links, and resources, but if you're there live you'll have a chance to ask questions and be entered in a drawing to win one of ten sets of three"Adopt Me!" pet vests in small, medium, and large.
"See" you tonight!